Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reminiscing.. Summer 2011


 Hey, it's Andrea. Since we will be visiting Spain in a few weeks, I have been reminiscing on our trip last year to Austria and Italy. That was our first trip to Italy, and our second to Austria. It was a great vacation, and I loved it! This means, it's time for pictures!! <Loud applause>


 This is me at the world's longest alpine coaster, In Imst, Austria. It is 2.2  miles long and sooo much fun! That picture was taken by my dad, at the end of the ride. If you have a chance to ride this, I defintley reccomend it; it isn't scary at all! I'm like the world's biggest wimp, but I would've gone on this with no brakes if I had the chance.   


Me in Venice. I think it was this bridge that was featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.You know, that scene were Indiana just got into Venice? Yeah, it's that bridge.

bh oh o
From a gelato shop in Italy. In case you don't know: gelato is like ice cream, but with some significant differences. For one, gelato has a fat content between 3 and 8%, while ice cream can have anywhere between 11 to 16 %. Also, ice cream is served frozen, while gelato is not. In Italy, there are many gelato shops. This particular shop had dozens of gelato flavours.
This looks so delicious.... this is what my dad ordered when we stopped at a small restaurant on one of the little streets of Lake Garda, Italy. I ordered some pesto linguine, and it was The  Best Pasta I have ever had in my short life.

This was at Juliet's wall in Verona. If any of you have seen the movie Letters to Juliet, this wall is the same as the one in the movie. Sadly, we visited it at night, when it was behind closed gates.

In Venice, we saw many mask shops, selling masks such as this, and some even more elaborately decorated. These masks are traditionally used during Carnival time. The Carnival there is very much like Carnaval in Brazil (Remember Rio?)




So what are you doing during the summer?


xoxo 
Andrea <3



3 comments:

  1. Hi girls! I saw you 'secret' on 6bilsecrets and I thought I'd come and help you all out. :D Being an avid 17 yr old blogger, I know my way around and would love to offer you two some tips. If interested, please email me! blogging is one of my favorite passions and I am happy you two are enjoying it as well!
    writingmyownreality@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrea!

    It's Matilda Munyard (or Tilly for short) from hermindbloggles here! You have such a cool blog! your trip looked really fun.
    How did you find out about my blog? reply soon x bye x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tilly!

      I was just looking across different blogs, and happened to find yours. It's cool so far, so keep it up! :) Thanks for stopping bye and good luck on your blog!

      Delete